Today I decided to update my Redhat 8 server to the latest version of Apache and PHP. One of the main reasons was that I need to rebuild php with interbase turned on so I could connect to the firebird database server i setup yesterday. I took some good notes and stumbled around until I figured out the best way todo it. I will admit that it took me a couple of hours to get it all going correct. If it weren’t for google and lots of other people posting to forums, mailing lists ect. I probably would still be working on it. But now its all working wonderfully, and hopefully next week I can duplicate the work on another RH8 server, in a lot less time.
Here are my notes in case you need them.